Get all products
for one price
What software and algoritm is required to convert the contents of an analog video tape to digital format?
You will need:
1. The Video Cassette - you want to convert
2. A VCR to play the cassette
3. A Disc CD-r or DVD-r to record the captured video
4. A computer with a video capture card (like AVerDVD EZMaker Video Capture Card or Pyro 1394DV Digital Video Capture Card, etc) installed. You will also need a CD-RW or DVD-RW drive in your computer to burn the resulting file to a CD.
5. If you are purchasing a video capture card, they usually come with the necessary software.
6. Cables to connect your VCR to the PC. If you are purchasing a card like in 3 above, you should receive the cables with your card.
7. Software for converting VCR video to avi or mpeg.
How to convert the video-cassette:
1. Instal the video capture card in your PC - usually in a PCI slot.
2. Connect the VCR output to the card input on your PC.
3. Power on your PC and the VCR
4. Start the video capture software on your computer, Pop in the video-cassette into the VCR and follow the instructions as per the software's manual.
5. This should convert the video-cassette into a digital movie file on your computer's hard disk.
6. Convert video to avi or mpeg file
7. Next, use the CD burning software which came with your computer to burn this movie onto the CD-R.